Elderly individuals face special challenges in their day to day lives and often require third party care to do basic tasks that are taken for granted in youth. Nursing homes and other long-term care homes are supposed to be specially equipped to deal with the special challenges of the elderly. Unfortunately, the level of care occasionally does not meet an acceptable standard, which results in serious medical issues and even death. Nursing home negligence is a sad reality.
Murray Ralston has expertise dealing with nursing home negligence. We have dealt with many cases of nursing home negligence, which have resulted in large settlements. Some of our cases have involved:
- Failure to move immobile individuals, resulting in bed sores leading to infection and death;
- Failure to monitor wanderers, leading to wandering outdoors in winter conditions and death;
- Failure to provide proper nutrition leading to malnutrition, dehydration, and decline;
- Failure to recognize and monitor life-threatening medical conditions, leading to death;
- Prescription mix-ups leading to complicated recoveries; and
Injuries or death of a parent, sibling, or spouse as a result of nursing home negligence is devastating. We are committed to obtaining the maximum compensation for nursing home negligence victims and their families. Even more important to many people is the fact that we take all possible steps to prevent future neglect, malpractice, and suffering.
Help End the Cycle
If you or a loved one is suffering from nursing home abuse or negligence, let an experienced lawyer from Murray Ralston help end the abuse for you, your loved one or anyone else who is being mistreated or not receiving a basic level of care.
*** The information above is not intended to be legal advice. Each situation is different and the information provided above may not provide you with all law applicable to your facts. To ensure you are properly protected under the law applicable to your facts, please contact Murray Ralston Law for a free consultation.